The schedule for summer sewing classes is as follows:
Monday 9:30 - 11:00 AM Adult Basics $55
Tuesday 9:30 - 11:00 AM Youth ages 5-8 $35
Wednesday 9:30 - 11:00 AM Adult Basics $55
6:30 - 8:00 PM Adult Basics $55
Thursday 9:30 - 11:00 AM Youth ages 8-12 $45
Friday 9:30 - 11:00 AM Youth ages 12 & up $55
Classes will start Monday, June 6th. Space is limited to 4 for
each adult class. Supplies are not included. You will
need to purchase those separately.
The adult basics class and the youth ages 12 & up will cover:
1. Introduction to the sewing machine
2. Understanding Patterns (We will cut out our first project)
3. Sewing Construction Skills
4. Finishing your own project.
The youth classes ages 5-8, 8-12 will cover:
1. Basic hand sewing tools
2. How to choose the right fabric
3. Assembling a project
4. Finishing a project
Each student is encouraged to bring their own machine if they have
one. It will make it much easier to learn on your own machine for
later projects if you have learned the basics on it. I do have a few
extra machines on hand. Please let me know if you will need one
of them so I can reserve one for you. Rental is $20.00
Also, each student will need a basic sewing kit. The kit should include:
1. Scissors - these should be only designated for sewing. Gingher's are my personal favorite. However, Fiskers brand also makes good ones too. If the kit is for a child, please buy scissors to fit their hands.
2. Seam Ripper
3. Tape Measure
4. Pins - I use the yellow ball headed ones. They are longer and don't get lost in fabric as easily as the silver smaller ones. You will need some kind of pin cushion or magnet to hold them. I use a red magnetic dish to hold all of my pins rather than a cushion, but a cushion will work just fine.
5. Safety Pins - regular size as well as large ones.
There are many pre-assembled kits at stores which include these items.
I will have kits available for purchase here as well. The nice thing about
buying your own supplies is that you can customize the kit for your needs or likes.
Please email or call me if you would like to sign up - or if you have ANY
questions. This will be really fun and exciting as we all sew together.
So again, get out your machines, dust them off and let's get sewing!