Thursday, May 5, 2011

Who would have known that Katie was so crafty?

Katie Holmes Is Oh, Sew Crafty!

Katie Holmes is known for her style and fashion sense. But as it turns out, the 32-year-old actress is also one crafty mama!
Not only does she sew aprons, pillows, and clothes for her daughter, Suri, who's almost 5, but Katie even makes clothes for her Barbies! Who knew?!
"My mom grew up making curtains and pillows and everything and it made our home very warm, so I like to do things like that with my daughter," Holmes told Women's Wear Daily. "My husband [Tom Cruise] got me a sewing machine for my birthday."
But don't expect any details on the make and model of that machine. Holmes isn't giving out that info.
"That's like asking a woman her age," Katie's friend, Heather McQuarrie, said with a laugh.
As for how she manages to make a home away from home for Suri while traveling... thatHolmes is willing to share, and according to the star, it's all about having the right supplies on hand.
"Bring lots of crayons, glue, good paper and you can turn any room into a very warm, familial place," said the actress.
And her love of arts, crafts, and fashion is definitely rubbing off on Suri.
"She'll really tell me what she thinks," said Katie. "'You've got to wear these shoes.' Or 'That's so pretty, Mom. Wear that.' She's got a great eye."
Photos: Fame

No comments:

Post a Comment